|- candidate number||5073|
|- NTR Number||NTR1617|
|- ISRCTN||ISRCTN wordt niet meer aangevraagd|
|- Date ISRCTN created|
|- date ISRCTN requested|
|- Date Registered NTR||7-jan-2009|
|- Secondary IDs||63300026 ZonMW|
|- Public Title||Effects and evaluation of a multifaceted intervention program to increase influenza uptake among health care workers (HCWS) in nursing homes.|
|- Scientific Title||Effects and evaluation of a multifaceted intervention program to increase influenza uptake among health care workers (HCWs) in nursing homes.|
|- ACRONYM||PRICK study (PRevention of Influenza in Care workers based on Knowledge)|
|- hypothesis||A multifaceted intervention program on influenza vaccination among HCWs in nursing homes, based based on results of a previous study, is more effective in increasing vaccination uptake than the usual programs.
|- Healt Condition(s) or Problem(s) studied||Influenza|
|- Inclusion criteria||1. Dutch nursing home; |
2. Influenza vaccination offered to HCWs during study season.
|- Exclusion criteria||1. Influenza vaccination not offered to HCWs during study season.
|- mec approval received||no|
|- multicenter trial||yes|
|- Type||2 or more arms, randomized|
|- planned startdate ||1-jun-2006|
|- planned closingdate||1-jun-2007|
|- Target number of participants||32|
|- Interventions||The intervention program consists of the following components.|
Target group: the HCWs:
1. Announcement concerning the educational program and the influenza vaccination campaign for HCWs in a personnel bulletin or on the nursing homes’ website.
2. Announcement of the plenary information meetings in a personnel bulletin, per email or on the nursing homes’ website.
3. Personal invitation letter for the plenary information meetings send to the home address of all HCWs.
4. Two plenary information meetings per nursing home conducted by GG&GD personnel.
5. Discussion in small groups during the plenary information meetings.
6. A video with role models showed during the plenary information meetings.
7. Information leaflet with a summary of the information concerning influenza vaccination in general and in HCWs in particular send to the home address of all HCWs and handed out after the plenary information meetings.
- The website www.gepriktvooru.nl with among others all educational materials.
Target group: nursing home management (by way of the contact persons in every nursing home):
- A visit during which the contact persons received a step by step script of the educational program, all needed materials to conduct the program themselves and back ground information.
Target group: GG&GD personnel:
- A standardised protocol and all materials needed to conduct the plenary information meetings handed over to theme during a visit.
|- Primary outcome||Asses if the program results in a higher vaccination rate among HCWs in the intervention homes compared to the control homes.|
|- Secondary outcome||1. Assess the exposure to the separate components of the program and measure experiences of participants with the program (process measures).|
2. assess the costs of the activities (time investment and information material).
|- Timepoints||1. Baseline measures;|
2. vaccination registration;
3. exposure and expiriences by questionaires after the intervention.
|- Trial web site||www.gepriktvooru.nl|
|- status||stopped: trial finished|
|- CONTACT FOR PUBLIC QUERIES||Drs. I. Looijmans -van den Akker|
|- CONTACT for SCIENTIFIC QUERIES||Drs. I. Looijmans -van den Akker|
|- Sponsor/Initiator ||ZonMw: The Netherlands Organization for Health Research and Development|
(Source(s) of Monetary or Material Support)
|- Brief summary||N/A|
|- Main changes (audit trail)|
|- RECORD||7-jan-2009 - 1-dec-2009|