|- candidate number||27073|
|- NTR Number||NTR6443|
|- ISRCTN||ISRCTN no longer applicable|
|- Date ISRCTN created|
|- date ISRCTN requested|
|- Date Registered NTR||11-apr-2017|
|- Secondary IDs||W16_321#17.066 METC AMC|
|- Public Title||Tennis Injury Prevention: the KNLTB Tennisready ApP (TIPTAP) Trial|
|- Scientific Title||Tennis Injury Prevention: the KNLTB Tennisready ApP (TIPTAP) Trial|
|- hypothesis||KNLTB TennisReady leads to less injuries then current warm up practice of tennisplayers. |
|- Healt Condition(s) or Problem(s) studied||Injuries, Sports|
|- Inclusion criteria||1. age of ≥ 18 years |
2. own a smartphone or tablet
3. willingness to perform the TennisReady program at least twice per week (off and/or on-court)
|- Exclusion criteria||none|
|- mec approval received||yes|
|- multicenter trial||no|
|- Type||2 or more arms, randomized|
|- planned startdate ||14-apr-2017|
|- planned closingdate||1-mrt-2018|
|- Target number of participants||658|
|- Interventions||KNLTB TennisReady consists of a structural on and off court program specific for tennis players. It is made available for those participants randomised to the TennisReady group. THey are encouraged to use the on court program prior to each training and to perform one or both programs at least twice a week. |
|- Primary outcome||otal acute and overuse injury prevalence (in percentage) during follow up|
|- Secondary outcome||1. Location specific injury prevalence (in percentage) during follow up with locations defined according to the definitions by Pluim et al 3(see tables 2 and 3)|
2. Injury rate during follow up defined as the total number of injuries per 1000 player hours.
3. Injury rate (injuries/1000 playing hours) with injury type and location subdivision according to Pluim et al.3
4. Severity defined as time to return to play in days for injured players. Time to return to play is defined as the time from the start of injury until full and unrestricted return to recreational tennis play.
5. Acute Injury recurrence rate for injured players within 2, 6 and 12 months.
6. Self-reported compliance defined as the self-reported use of KT.
7. Monthly self-reported Coach compliance to the program defined as the self-reported percentage of training sessions that the KTAP warm up was used.
|- Timepoints||Biweekly for a follow up of 16 weeks. |
|- Trial web site||www.knltb.nl/tennisready|
|- status||open: patient inclusion|
|- CONTACT FOR PUBLIC QUERIES|| Haiko Pas|
|- CONTACT for SCIENTIFIC QUERIES|| Haiko Pas|
|- Sponsor/Initiator ||Academic Medical Center (AMC), Amsterdam|
(Source(s) of Monetary or Material Support)
|VU University Medical Center, KNLTB, VeiligheidNL|
|- Brief summary|
|- Main changes (audit trail)|
|- RECORD||11-apr-2017 - 29-jun-2017|